Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Non-Scale Victory

Today was a definite non-scale victory day for me today. I didn't sleep well last night- I was just kind of restless. No real reason, just didn't fall asleep until late (like after 1 am) and then up several times through the night. One of the times when I was awake I remember thinking that I would just skip my run in the morning and that would allow me to sleep a little later in the morning. But, when my alarm went off, I decided to get up anyway and run on the treadmill. I'm so glad I did. I felt so much better after that run and my general attitude was just better overall today. I hadn't run since Thursday, so it was good to get back into that as well.

The Chicken Divan that we had for dinner last night was really good. I was a little worried about the kids and the swiss cheese, but they seemed to really like it. I think this is also a recipe that will reheat well for leftovers. That is always positive because with just me and the kids, we always have leftovers.

Tonight we had Meatball and Spaghetti Soup. It was good. The kids loved it and ate it up very quickly- a good sign. I think it would be better with a little more spaghetti sauce, but the turkey meatballs were very good. They didn't seem dry at all, which is usually the problem I have with ground turkey. This was also a very easy recipe to make in the crock pot. I put everything in earlier this morning and then before we left for gymnastics, I added the noodles. When we got home, we had a nice meal waiting on us.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for doing your run despite how tired you were! That's awesome :) :)

    ReplyDelete