Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Baked Macaroni and Cheese with Broccoli

Good. Not great. I love mac and cheese. I love both homemade and Kraft (the blue box). This one just wasn't cheesy enough. That's the problem though- more cheese= more fat. Oh well. I liked the broccoli in it and the kids loved that part. They are not fans of homemade mac and cheese, but the added broccoli seemed to go a long way (my kiddos are definitely broccoli lovers!). I was able to fix this one ahead of time and put it in the crock pot, so it made for an easy meal since it was a gymnastics night, but I just wasn't completely sold on it. I don't know that I will make this one again, instead I will continue my quest for a light, filling mac and cheese.

We have had our treadmill for about 3 years. I've put more miles on it in the past 6 months than ever before. But, I have always just done my own thing, never tried one of the pre-programed workouts. This morning I decided to give that a try. It was strange to only be walking at 3-3.5 mph. It seemed so slow! But, add in the inclines of 6-8 and man was it tough! I look forward to trying another workout on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment