Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday Weigh In and Pinterest....

Down 2.8 today! Very excited about that number because it keeps me on track for my 10 pound goal for February. This week it took a little more to get running. It was definitely a week for overcoming excuses and putting goals first. I got in a run every day Tuesday- Friday. I'm planning on another run tomorrow and taking Sunday off. Next week I'm also planning on running Monday- Thursday and then off Friday and Saturday in preparation for half marathon #2!

And on to pinterest. It is full of craft inspirations, recipes (dangerously delicious looking ones), organization ideas, quotes and endless ways to consume your time. Not by actually doing anything, but just by having tons of things to look at and just when you think you've seen it all, someone goes and pins something else! It's an endless cycle.

I love pinterest. I love to check out the recipes (even knowing it'll be a while before I make any of them), get ideas for reorganizing my house, finding new craft ideas, and even to make my list of places to visit one day. I really love to read the funny quotes that people pin. I don't know who comes up with some of them, but I like that when I am having a rough day I can usually count on being able to find a funny quote to make me laugh.

I've seen this one before, and being that I am now 8 weeks into this journey, I thought it was appropriate.


I have noticed a change. I don't know that I 'see' it as much as I feel it in my clothes. My 'small' jeans are loose and my shirts are also feeling loose. I have so much more energy than I had before. I've noticed a change in my attitude. I also feel like I have more confidence. I've got one half marathon of my deployment challenge done and in 11 days I will have the second one completed. I am not feeling as unsure of this half marathon as I did a month ago. I know I can do it. I know I can complete it in the time allowed. I just know. And that confidence hasn't been there- at least not in an exercise sense. So here we go, another week down- just keep going.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, 2.8 is great!! Congrats!!

    I feel like I could have written this post (minus the running, I do power walking instead). This week was all about pushing myself when I wasn't really into it. The dreary weather played a big part. I did it anyway, 5 days in a row!

    I LOVE PINTEREST!!!!!

    Also, my "small" pants are baggy on me today too! I haven't worn them in a few weeks, so it felt great to see a difference!

    Keep going girlie, you're doing GREAT! :)

    ReplyDelete