Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Whole30 Day 2 Review

I probably won't always do a daily review, but I will try (especially when the day includes a new recipe).  Today was much like yesterday.  Breakfast was scrambled eggs with some broccoli mixed in, which I liked much better than I anticipated I would.  We did some errands and then came back home to have lunch.

We were having the leftover sauce I made Monday evening, but this time I made some steamed yellow squash to serve with the squash.  The sauce was just as good as it was last night, but I did remember that I'd rather have squash sautéed instead of steamed.  But other than that, it was great.

The weather has been great here the past couple days and we took advantage of the warm weather today to clean up the back yard.  We are going to be using EarthBoxes to plant a container garden again this year, so we are working on the space that we want to put them in.  I've never had any luck at growing anything, but last year I had great success using these boxes and we decided to expand and grow even more veggies this year.

Dinner tonight was the Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken and it was delicious!  I found that I did not really like to eat the apricots, but I loved the flavor combination of the spices, fruit and chicken.  Everyone finished their dinner and we had 3 people who liked the apricots and 3 who did not.  Overall though, dinner was a hit and a dinner I will make again.



No comments:

Post a Comment