Sunday, July 15, 2012

Confession Time

I've been in a slump since the Diva Half. I'll get a good start and good program going for a week and then get off track. Not sure why that is, but I am ready to get refocused again. I am very proud of what I have accomplished from January to May, but I still have so much more to accomplish. I have definitely fallen off of my plans over the past few weeks. I'm frustrated that I can't seem to get motivated to get back on track. But, this is it...tomorrow is Monday (my favorite day to start a new routine!). Meal plans are back in action, back to double workouts (running in the morning, JMBR in the evening). I really need to get back into the good habits that I had created for myself back in the spring.

With summer being here, I have been kind of flying by the seat of my pants with plans. And I'm finding that is not working well- it never really does. Some days the kiddos and I are fine with a day without plans, but most of the time we need some kind of plan to help keep us all on track and happy. So now I am going back to what has worked best for us and that is a plan- meal planning, activity planning, chore planning, etc.

So, with that being said, there should be more blog posts coming up, more meal planning and recipe sharing, more workout reviews. I've got three races already scheduled for the fall. I've got goals for each of them and I am really hoping to reach all of them. I do know it'll take work and I am willing to put in the work, I just have to remember to make it a priority.

So, here we go, over the past 2 months, I've gained 5 pounds. I know that I have not made the best food choices overall and that will be changing. I will be continuing with my training for my fall half marathons. I will return to my workouts tomorrow- I will be starting JMBR week 6, which will include workouts 5, 6, and cardio 2. I also was able to purchase a used spin bike from someone in the neighborhood, and I am looking at adding in some spinning for some more cross training. I love variety- it really makes it easier for me to meet my goals.

Looking forward to continuing on this journey and ready to get closer to my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment