Monday, November 7, 2011

Sprints

These were on the agenda today. I learned that I have a love/hate relationship with sprints. I love how fast they are done (total workout time today-17 minutes including rest breaks) but I was wiped out! I was happy with them over all. Here's how it broke down:
20 second sprint/10 second rest repeated for 6 minutes
Rest 3 minutes
20 second sprint/10 second rest repeated for 4 minutes
Rest 2 minutes
20 second sprint/10 second rest repeated for 2 minutes

So hard but so rewarding to be done. Most of this workout was done at. 6.5 mph pace. I started at 7 mph, but that ended up to be a little too fast! Back to the longer intervals on Wednesday and next up is the freedom half marathon on Sunday. This one is a relay- so I'll only be running half of the half.

No comments:

Post a Comment