Monday, February 18, 2013

DietBet

This past month I participated in a Diet Bet hosted by FitFluential.  I had a little set back during the month (more on that later), but today marked the end of my 4 weeks and I am happy to report that I did lose my 4% and am a official winner of the DietBet.  That means that I will split the $14,550 pot with all players who lost 4%.  That was one of the things I liked about this- you automatically get back whatever money you put in as long you lose your 4%....and if someone else doesn't lose their 4%, you get a bonus.  All of the players have not posted their final weigh ins yet, so when everyone has posted their final weights, I will know how many people I will be splitting the pot with.

Here's how the DietBet works....you choose your game, do an official weigh in, exercise, eat right, lose weight, and then do your final weigh in and win money!  Really, it's that easy!  There are instructions for your two official weigh ins (the beginning and end), but it is super easy to do.  Once you are in your game, there is a place for you to chat with other players, keep up with their progress (there is an option to have your weight hidden), and to encourage each other.

So, now that I've tried it out, I would like to host a game.  I created Running in Sanity's March Bet!  This game will have a $25 pay in, and as long as you lose 4%, you will get it (and possibly more!) back.  This game will start on March 1 and run until March 28.  I hope that if you are looking to lose weight that you will consider joining me!  And please share with your friends, it's great to have as much support as possible!  My goal would be for all of the players to meet their goal and end up getting their money back- we can be a great support to each other and make March a healthier month!

No comments:

Post a Comment