Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday Meal Planning

It's back!  I have a plan for this week!  I do so much better on a plan.  When I was really meal planning during the winter and spring, I found some great new recipes.  Now that I've started up again, I plan on trying to find (at least) one new recipe a week to try.  This week, I have three new recipes!  I've gotten some questions about what I have for breakfast and lunch....usually breakfast is a smoothie if it is after an early run.  Lunch most of the time is leftovers.  I also keep tuna on hand and salad stuff.  So, with those things in mind, here is the plan for the week:

Monday:  Picnic dinner with friends....I actually have a 31 party and the hostess decided to have it at a park so that kids would be able to play and have something fun to do while the moms shopped.
Tuesday:  Gymnastics night and also kids eat free at Firehouse Subs.  The kids asked to go last week and we didn't get to, so I promised we could go this week.
Wednesday:  Cheesy Zucchini Enchiladas from Skinny Taste  New recipe that I am very interested to try.  I love mexican food and I am always looking for healthier alternatives to my favorites.  I'll be sure to post a review- especially the kids' reactions.
Thursday:  Chicken Stroganoff from Sparkpeople I'm looking for new healthy crock pot recipes now that we are back to school and gymnastics schedule.  This is another new one, hopefully it is a hit!
Friday:  Homemade pizza and salads.  Friday is usually our pizza and movie night, so for this one, I'm going to go with making our own.
Saturday:  Crock Pot Potato Cheese Soup from Sparkpeople  The last new one of the week.  Hopefully another good one.  I'd like to find a good variety of crockpot meals for this school year.
Sunday:  Leftover night

So, if all goes as planned, I'll have three new recipe reviews to post this week.  I hope they are good.  If you've come across any great healthy recipes, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment