Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tower of Terror 2013

I am so excited!  I was the winner of the Tower of Terror (ToT) 10 Miler entry from Life in the Twin Lane!  I was not able to participate in this race last year, it was too close to when my husband was to be coming home from his deployment.  I did enjoy reading some of the blog recaps as well as following friends who posted their experience on Facebook.

Description from the runDisney website:

Beware of the Disney villains as you set out on your thrilling The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 10-Miler nighttime run along streets haunted by Disney's most frightening villains and characters! But don't be afraid! There are plenty of "not so scary" thrills for daytime runners in the Disney Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run. And that's just the start of the weekend excitement. runDisney Kids races, a nighttime Disney Villain Hollywood Bash, plenty of on course Disney entertainment, and exclusive access to select rides in Disney's Hollywood Studios make it a towering weekend of fun!

Last year the Wine and Dine 1/2 marathon was my first nighttime race.  It is definitely a different experience.  I paid closer attention to what I ate during the day and I also found it hard to try to relax- I was at Disney and wanted to play and have fun!  Saving energy was a little difficult :)  In the end, the excitement of the race carried me through and then the excitement of finishing the race carried me through the after party, which was great!

ToT has an after party as well, but this one is at one of my favorite parks- Disney's Hollywood Studios.      Some of my favorite rides will be open and I'm hoping to be able to ride a few while enjoying just finishing the 10 miler!  I have been chatting with my sister (the one who hasn't run a 1/2 marathon with me) about coming with me on this quick trip.  I told her not to worry, the race is sold out, she won't have to run :)  But I thought it would be a nice trip for us to take together- and maybe, just maybe she'll catch the running bug ;)  There are still spectator tickets available for the Villains Bash, so she will be able to experience the after party with me.  

I can't wait to see how this race compares to the other runDisney events I have participated in!

No comments:

Post a Comment