Friday, June 14, 2013

Family Fun Friday!

Well, today is the last day of school for my big boys, yesterday was the last day of preschool summer camp for my younger two, so it is officially summer time at our house!  We've got a few fun things planned for this summer, but I am just ready for a break from the every morning alarm clock!

In April this year, my family and I participated in our first Color Mania run in Raleigh.  We were joined by my parents, both my sisters, my brother in law and my niece.  I've been told by many that most color type runs are crowded and should be approached as a fun run (and mostly walk).  This was definitely the case- we had a lot of fun, but it is a not a race that should be taken too seriously.

You start off nice and clean:


And end up looking something like this:


At the end of the run, there is a color celebration toss, where participants are given a packet of color to throw- just in case you didn't get enough color on your run!


A fun cloud of color:



The next color run my family will participate in is the Sparkle Me Wild 5k on September 2!  If you are local to the area or will be in town for the Virginia Beach Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon, we'd love for you to join us!  I've created a team for this event, so if you'd like to join our team, please do, at the end of your registration it will give you the option to join an existing team, and you simply select 'Color in Sanity'.  I am hoping to have a team tshirt option up for team members to order in the next couple weeks!

The charity that Sparkle Me Wild supports:
From the Sparkle Me Wild website: "While we throughly love to spread the sparkle in the towns in which we hold our events we also sink a portion of every race into a children's national non-profit very near and dear to our heart, GO FAR or Go Out For A Run.  This program reaches out to children across the nation to educate them on nutrition, good character, being active and living a healthy life!  GO FAR is creating happy, healthy little runners and walkers all across the country and we love being able to spread the good word!"

Please consider joining us for a fun morning!  Register here:  Sparkle Me Wild!

No comments:

Post a Comment